Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI)
What we believe…
- We believe in social justice, equity, anti-racism, and valuing what we each uniquely bring to Critigen.
- We believe in hearing and respecting other points of view and respectfully sharing our own.
- We believe that Critigen becomes stronger through our unique abilities and varying viewpoints. Celebrating this strength makes our employees feel more fulfilled and invested in the success of our company.
- We believe that all employees should enjoy the freedom of bringing their “whole self” to work. We strive to ensure that each person feels comfortable sharing as much or as little of themselves with their co-workers and that this does not affect work opportunities.
- We believe that all viewpoints are welcomed and can be received with an open mind by our co-workers.
- We believe and understand the importance of fostering a positive workplace as a priority for our employees.
- We are committed to listening, learning, and progressing as an organization.
Who we are and what are we doing…
Critigen is a team of GIS and IT professionals with diverse identities and experiences. In 2020, we formed the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Council to lead the charge in advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion at our workplace, in our industry, in our communities, and beyond. The Council focuses on activities like:
- Implementing DEI training at Critigen
- Enhancing our hiring processes
- Facilitating employee resource groups
- Participating in industry DEI events
- Generating DEI-related communications to internal and external audiences
- Measuring our progress with advancing DEI at Critigen
The Council is composed of individuals from executive leadership, management, and staff working collaboratively to make the best Critigen for every employee.
Employee Resource Groups (ERG)
Critigen employees have formed a variety of ERGs to build a welcoming environment that helps employees feel supported, find community, and communicate to leadership how Critigen can better serve employees at work and in our communities.
BIPOC | Veterans | LGBTQIA+ | Women
Critigen is actively engaged in a variety of DEI events, some of which included:
- Esri Partner Community: Critigen is a member of Esri’s Partner Advisory Committee (PAC) and participates in the DEI Subcommittee. One outcome of this committee was the Belonging & Equity in GIS Townhall. A recording of the event can be found here.
- NorthStar of GIS Sponsorship – Critigen has sponsored NorthStar events at the Esri User Conference since its inception.
- Step Up is a nonprofit organization that supports girls and young women of color in under-resourced communities.
- WomenHack – Critigen participates in WomenHack events to help promote gender equality in the tech industry and help women get hired at tech companies committed to diversity in the workplace.